Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Making of...



I decided that every recipe I've canned this summer deserves a little story behind it. I'm going to kick off the first installment with 2 items on the sweet side.

Bumbleberry Jam. The name says it all, right? Actually, the name is not much help, if you can get past pronouncing it. It's quite a pleasant mixture of blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. I was looking for a fail-proof "mixed berry" type recipe and this was it. I even managed to deceive my friend who does not [consciously] eat strawberries with it.

Peach Lavender Jam. Who knew? I have made this recipe twice now and it came out perfect both times. It's a lovely combination of flavors and aromas, casts a beautiful color and sounds luxurious every time you say it. I think this jam has the power to bring a person to eat an entire package (yes, 6) English muffins. Toasted. With butter. In one sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment